WELCOME TO STARTYPES

Your Karma and Dharma Charts Explained
admin
Site Admin

WELCOME TO STARTYPES

Post by admin »

WELCOME TO STARTYPES
August 8, 2010
By Michael Erlewine (Michael@Erlewine.net)

Check out your Dharma chart, you helio StarType pattern and card and see who you are on the inside.

In the last post I presented some background on the heliocentric perspective in astrology and a little history.

Here I am going to present a powerful and easy-to-learn technique that I call StarTypes. You don’t have to be an astrologer to use this method. It is that easy. I have been using it in counseling and research for many, many years. After fifty years of studying astrology, StarTypes is still the best indicator I have yet found to describe how relationships work, both your ability for having relationships and how you and any other StarType might relate to one another. It is also the most accurate guide for vocational questions I have come across.

StarTypes involves examining the large-scale whole-chart patterns in the heavens looked at both from the point of view of Earth and equally from the Sun, which means: a solar system overview. I have given some details in recent posts and comments to that post in you are interested. Now for the technique.

The ever-changing motions of the planets create an almost kaleidoscopic series of patterns in the sky. These large whole-chart patterns are what I call StarTypes and I have organized these main planetary patterns into a series of sixty main StarTypes. There could be more but this will get your started.

Furthermore, to make it even easier I have designed a series of tarot-like cards and placed each StarType pattern on a card. Each card shows the particular pattern in the sky, a keyword name for it, and the border of the card indicates which of four classic relationship types it belongs to.

Each of us has our own particular natal StarType, the overall pattern in the solar system that was in effect at the time of our birth. StarType cards are easy to remember and share with one another, plus just seeing the color of a card’s border will tell you at a glance which relationship role that person probably prefers to take on.

So the first thing for you to do is to get your own StarType card. I have made these available to you at no charge as part of our site:

http://astrologyland.com/

Just go there, enter your birthdate and year and you will get your StarType, plus a brief description of the qualities for that type. You don’t even need to know the time you were born, because StarType patterns change very slowly. Your StarType costs you nothing. However, I am also a businessman, so if you feel you want a complete report written by me on your StarType and sent to you in PDF format, that will cost $10,. The basic card and a description is free to all. Now for something about what our StarType tells us.

What StarTypes Mean

As mentioned, StarTypes are large whole-chart patterns that represent general approaches to life, something like psychologist Carl Jung’s famous archetypes. We look to find our personal details and circumstances in the traditional earth-centered natal astrology chart, but we can look for the deeper sense of ourselves (our dharma and life path) in the StarType archetypes as viewed at the solar system level. StarType analysis is excellent for career and vocational counseling and for working with couples and families on relationship issues.

As for vocational aptitude, I often call the helio StarType chart, your ‘Dharma Chart,” for it will show both the one’s talents and also the areas where the individual is going to have to team up with others to achieve full balance. But most of all use StarTypes in relationship analysis, and most of my work is with couples and families that are having compatibility problems. StarTypes excel at this.

How Are We to Interpret StarTypes?

For the first few years with StarTypes, back in the early 1970s, everything had to be drawn out by hand. I have a shelf full of thick notebooks with both the geo and helio StarType charts facing each other on opposing pages, many, many thousands of them. I was so impressed with StarTypes that I wanted to better understand these great patterns and was prepared to be very, very detailed about my research.

But as time passed I gradually realized that these planetary patterns were anything but difficult to decipher. They were easy and they revealed themselves almost at a glance, much as I tried to imagine them as complex, deep, and hard to understand. It was like the reverse of studying. These planetary patterns are illuminating! And they told a very old but simple story, the story of human relationships, how many of us are incomplete and balance what we want with a partner, with what others have in abundance. This is natural chemistry.

Startypes made it clear to me that there really are archetypes, different approaches to life, such as that of “The lover” and “The Loved One,” or the ‘haves’ and the ‘have-nots’, the yin and the yang, and so on, all very clear to see. Here for me was an astrological affirmation for what poets have been singing about for centuries.

You must understand that I was a very technical astrologer, but in working with StarTypes I was facing something intuitively simple and direct, something well beyond thought, like the traditional smack with a stick that Zen masters bestow on their students. This was an experience strong enough to invert me one-hundred and eighty degrees. I wandered into this study to perhaps find and explore a new astrological technique, and instead what I discovered there was none other than myself in a clear and undeniable form.

Just like the old popular song by Little Anthony, “Just two kinds of people in the world; they are a boy and a girl,” I found that all of these many chart patterns could be boiled down to two powerful but opposite types, that of “The Lover” and “The Loved One,” the caretaker in a relationship and the one who is cared for. All relationships eventually settle into these two roles. Someone cares more (or as my mom said “Someone picks up the socks!”) and someone cares less or naturally becomes the object of affection. Of course this is crystal clear from the poetry and songs that have come down to us through the ages. There are archetypes like Romeo and Juliet, the lover and the loved one. As simple as these archetypes boil down to, their capacity to shape and inform our life is enormous.

In StarTypes, I have found that there are four basic kinds or families of StarType configurations. I call them the “Four Relationship Types,” or just the four families, and each of these relationship types or families is indicated by their border color. The four colors are green (The Lover), red (The Loved One), blue (Independent), and plum (Multi-relational). These four relational types can be combined in countless ways, but are easy to understand and use for beginners.

The cards of those StarTypes that prefer the role of 'The Lover' or caretaker have green borders, while those with the red borders are the Loved Ones. The red and green cards are natural opposites and make for the best traditional chemistry. Those cards with blue borders can play both relationship roles (lover or loved one) depending on what their partner demands, and those cards with plum-colored borders enjoy many kinds of relationships. Which type you? You will have to look and see for yourself.

Some partners want as much natural chemistry as possible, while others look for more like a friend to partner up with. For maximum chemistry, then the age-old maxim “opposites attract” is the way to go. This would be the green cards with the red cards, for the twain shall never meet, and there will always be some mystery in the relationship. If the pure chemistry of push-me/pull- you is too much to take, then many find that someone with cards of the same color work well, two similar folks who bond together as much as friends as anything else. This type of same- same relationship usually finds something outside of themselves to provide the chemistry, like children, pets, shared interests, common goals, etc.

There will be other posts, but rather than run on too long, let me end this section by summarizing how I would approach your helio chart. As mentioned, have fun with all of your already-known astrological tools, but I find them not that interesting. There can be many different StarType patterns in any one natal chart, so that can be confusing.

If you want to cut to the chase, you need to only ask one questions of the chart. Is there a Grand Cross or T-Square in the helio natal chart? If there is, then you are either one of the red cards or the blue cards. If there is no cross then you are either one of the green cards or the plum-colored cards.

If your chart has a large equilateral green triangle in it (and no cross), then you are a green card, otherwise a plum card. If you have both a cross and a green equilateral triangle or other green lines then you are one of the blue cards, the independent type. It sounds complicated, but it is really very simple.

Don’t panic. Just use the web program and find out what color borders your chart has, as well as your partner, family, co-workers, and so on. Also read the various online descriptions of the StarType families, plus look at the cards in the various families.

The green-bordered cards are the caretakers. They need relationships and their neediness and basic shyness has to be understood. Just the opposite for the red cards. They are fun-loving, gregarious and like to be at the center of attention. The blue cards have both the qualities of the red and green cards in one chart, so they are termed “Independent.” They don’t really need anyone, and are often quite content to be themselves. Others may find their self-absorption off- putting or selfish. Then there are the plum-colored cards who can never meet enough people or go to enough places. They tend to be more like the green cards in relationships but are not shy of people.

There are a few basic ideas to absorb and once you have them, you will be able have a lot of fun with this.

I will try to answer questions posted here.

For those who want a more technical discussion, consider the following: There are these articles on:
http://michaelerlewine.com/

…under the forum “Articles.”

Heliocentrics
Our Roots in the Sun: Heliocentric Astrology Interface: Planetary Nodes

…and on the ACT forums, http://actastrology.com/
…under Heliocentric Astrology Forum this: Heliocentrics

And finally a whole (and free book) at:
http://www.astrologysoftware.com/books/index.asp?orig

StarTypes: Life Path Partners And finally, some articles here:
http://www.astrologysoftware.com/commun ... ig#archive
st1.jpg
st1.jpg (44.7 KiB) Viewed 929 times